We live in a multi-cultural society caused by globalisation and migration. This challenges us to find ways we can live together, not just side by side. This module helps to understand your own culture and the culture of the other and thus to experience intercultural encounters in a new way.
- Defining “culture”
- Reflecting your own culture as a basis for understanding other cultures
- Learning about cultural backgrounds, points of view and purpose in life in different cultures
- Dealing with cultural differences
- The interrelation between cultural values and the resulting life concepts
- Life in a foreign culture
- Shame and guilt orientation in cultures
- Cultural models of how to deal with strangers
- Migrants and the host culture – ways to mutual understanding
Join us on this course!Sign up now!