Join our team!
Vacancy: Childcare Supervisor
We are looking for a full-time staff member to supervise our Child Care Centre.
All staff at Cornerstone do not receive a salary but are considered supported missionaries. In other words, we trust God to provide for us through donations from our home churches, friends, and supporters. Our students come from all over the world and from a variety of church backgrounds. They follow a one- or two-year course to prepare for long-term cross-cultural mission work.
In your role as a Childcare Supervisor you would be responsible for overseeing the good function of the CCC. This involves helping the volunteers with learning and practicing good skills for tending to the children as well as the facilities. They generally need to learn to teach and care for the children, set up daily programs and to work in a small team with other volunteers. This also means looking out for the general well-being of these volunteers. Good safeguarding procedures need to be assured in the CCC functions according to guidelines established by the college. The Supervisor is also the primary contact person with the parents of children who are in the CCC.
As every resident of the college, the Supervisor is expected to be involved in the Cornerstone community life – attending morning chapel times (worship, teaching, prayer and guest missionary speakers), participating in lunches, coffee times and other events, leading or being part of a care group, and helping out around the college in practical ways.
Our Childcare Centre (CCC)
Our CCC cares for children of students and residential staff here at the college. It is open from 9am-12:40pm Monday – Friday morning (for 1-4-year olds) and 2.30pm-4pm Wednesday and Friday afternoons. This allows our students and staff to participate in the study programme and running of the college. We typically have around 5 children each year attending the morning sessions who, like their parents, are an international mix! A typical morning session involves independent play, a story time and singing, playing outside in our playground areas and craft activities.
- Supervising the CCC and its volunteers; Assuring the training of the volunteers with relevant CC skills.
- Serve as the Assistant Safeguarding Officer for the school (assuring compliance and updating of Safeguarding Procedures)
- Together with the volunteers take on the main responsibility of caring for the children in the child care centre.
- Ensure the cleanliness and functionality of the child care centre.
- Meet with the CCC volunteers once a week for feedback, prayer and planning.
- Be available to speak with parents when needed.
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves Jesus Christ and wants to serve others
- Can work with people and encourage others to grow
- Is ready to learn more as they serve
- Likes to live and work among others from diverse backgrounds
- Wants to get involved with those in our community for times of ministry and spiritual growth